I've finally achieved consistency in my life. Any person of average or above intelligence can predict what I will say next with unerring accuracy. And what I say will always be wrong.

Thursday, August 26, 2010

[ItsAllAboutMeMan] It's a capitalist eat capitalist world....

 

...why not have a reality TV show that reflects it?

On the topic of solidarity and discipline on the left, I wrote:


We can learn a lesson from those miners in Chile.  A teaspoon of tuna fish and a sip of milk every day, a cracker every couple of days... they survived 18 days on 2 days worth of supplies.  They survived because they functioned as a team, and they had iron discipline.

I would imagine that if it was Bill Gates, Donald Trump, and some Goldman Sachs executives in that mine, within 72 hours they would have been killing (and eating) each other.

I appreciate that we are all independent thinkers, there's danger in group think, we all go our own way, I like that about the left.  But in these really unstable times, there must be some core values we can rally around, and some disciplines we can impose on ourselves. Not accusing somebody of being a CIA asset, if there's something going on we don't understand, for example.

I've developed part of this idea further, and submitted the idea to the CBC for a contest. I hope I have your vote!
Matt Love
My entry for The Q Contest: What would you like to see on Canadian TV:

Timothy - The Reality Series
Bill Gates, Daryl Katz, Jann Wenner, Paul Allen, Donald Trump and other rich guys are stuck in a mine with 48 hours worth of tuna fish, milk, and crackers
between them. When the mine is reopened 18 days later - who emerges?
Who is left behind? Can all the bones be recovered?

vote for my entry at:
http://www.cbc.ca/q/blog/2010/08/25/the-q-contest/#socialcomments
See More
www.cbc.ca

(truth in advertising - some of these ideas are way funnier and way better than mine!)

--
I want to play in your town for you and 2 of your friends. 
http://eventful.com/performers/matt-love-/P0-001-000156481-4/demands

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments: