I've finally achieved consistency in my life. Any person of average or above intelligence can predict what I will say next with unerring accuracy. And what I say will always be wrong.

Sunday, March 20, 2011

[ItsAllAboutMeMan] Talenthouse update

 

Wow, it is great to get such loving support of my creative efforts on Talenthouse (I got two messages like this one today).

I didn't win the "Have your song produced by electronica icon Andy Moor contest" with my song, "Dance Floor of Love" which was a surreal experience, but I took the horse by the tail, faced the situation, and got right back up on it and rode again!

I wasn't going to harrass you guys anymore to support me on Talenthouse, but this is one you're really going to dig, if you know what I mean. My idea is happening, in a far out kind of way.

The contest is to go along on a Stefani Germanotta Tour and blog about it. Haven't heard of Stefani Germanotta?  If you google that name, you'll go gaga (but if you start to drool, you better go for Jewel).

You can veiew the vid I entered (titled "RIP Ringo", it's a collection of pictures I used to have on the Ringo photosharing site - when the site came down, I moved over to Flickr, but never really got as active again.  There's some funny photoshop pictures of yours truly in the collection that a friend of mine did, you might want to check it out. The soundtrack used to be Lorne Greene singing his unlikely hit single, but YouTube said I was violating copyright, and substituted another piece of music in) here:  http://www.talenthouse.com/creativeinvites/preview/a17d1221aa63f246954b25a7a7be51a8/168. Sorry if that last sentence was confusing, I used it to practice up for the longest parenthetical comment contest!

Anyway, you guys know me. I have a secret plan. I'm not just going to blog on the tour, oh no. You remember that time John Belushi did his Joe Cocker next to the real Joe Cocker on Saturday Night Live? Well, once I get access to Gaga, I'm going to convince her we should do the same thing!

It will be great, imagine the two of us, emerging for our twin eggs in identical meat suits... people will have trouble telling us apart. It will be awesome. 

Here's a little essay I prepared to help me win the contest:

"Groucho Marx once said that outside of a Stefani Germanotta Tour, a book is man's best friend. Inside a Stefani Germanotta tour, it's too dark to read. I think this contest would be better if you'd allow links to a blog as well as/instead of links to a YouTube vid, but oh well. I will take the initiative to do it on my own: http://mattlove1.blogspot.com/. This is why I'm going to win. Like Stefani Germanotta, I think outside the box. Inside the box, it's too dark to think."

So if you want to see the whole meat suit / egg thing, vote for me!


---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Talenthouse <service@talenthouse.com>
Date: Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 6:47 AM
Subject: You have received a new comment on your Talenthouse profile
To: mattlove1@gmail.com


Talenthouse | Creative Collaboration
Hi Matt,

Tommy Rudberg has left a comment on your Talenthouse profile:
"I voted for your song, now you please do the same for mine ;)"

Visit your profile at: http://www.talenthouse.com/mattlove1 to view (or delete) the comment.

- The Talenthouse Team


Login | Talenthouse Home | Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Contact
This message was intended for mattlove1@gmail.com.
Want to change your notification settings? Go to: Notification Settings.
 

Talenthouse Inc., 542 High St, Palo Alto, CA 94301



--
I want to play in your town for you and 2 of your friends. 
http://eventful.com/performers/matt-love-/P0-001-000156481-4/demands

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments: