I've finally achieved consistency in my life. Any person of average or above intelligence can predict what I will say next with unerring accuracy. And what I say will always be wrong.

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

[CanYoAssDigIt] The oddest moment in a jandek concert...

"I'm fairly sure he played all new material (at least, the 12 songs didn't synch up with anything in the known catalog). "I don't care about the girls/ I don't care about the boys" our hero moaned in his trademark sing-song, a career manifesto for this guy if ever I heard one. Jandek's guitar parts came in two types: strummed atonal chordings and slashed atonal chordings. The oddest moment? When he tuned a string. Jandek tunes his guitar? Who knew?"

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Settle down now. This may not be the historical moment it seems. "Tuned" in this case could mean "aimlessly changed the pitch of." Is it really possible to tell whether he's playing old or new material?
-sugarzareh