I've finally achieved consistency in my life. Any person of average or above intelligence can predict what I will say next with unerring accuracy. And what I say will always be wrong.

Friday, January 13, 2006

[CanYoAssDigIt] Scarlett Johansson

I feel a rant coming on about things I shouldn't even care about.

First of all, I saw "Lost In Translation" the other night with Anne.
She is probably never going to watch another film on my recommendation
again. It was extremely tedious, and it was more reminiscent of a
student film (with big stars) than anything else.

People were falling all over themselves to rehabilitate Sophia Coppola
after her nepotistic appearance in one of these gangster movies her
father makes that are so dang popular... they went way way too far in
that regard, I just can't believe this film would have gotten much
attention if it had been made by somebody with a different.

One thing I read about the film that I now think is truly bizarre was
praise for Ms. Coppola for courageously casting an unconventional
looking woman for the female lead.

C'mon, does Scarlett Johansson depart from the model of the standard
beauty in any discernible way? She looks a little chunky in her
Golden Globes outfit, but from other pictures it appears she doesn't
the standard Hollywood weight loss thing. I think her attempts to
look really good for the golden globes is sad and misguided - she
looks more than faintly ridiculous in that dress.

She sports a natural look in Lost In Translation, and looks much better.

Luciana is a big Lost In Translation fan, so I was looking forward to
seeing it so we'd have something new to "chat" about (via e-mail) -
now I feel like I don't want to bring up the topic, I was so
disappointed with the film.


Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CanYoAssDigIt/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
CanYoAssDigIt-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

No comments: