I've finally achieved consistency in my life. Any person of average or above intelligence can predict what I will say next with unerring accuracy. And what I say will always be wrong.

Sunday, May 07, 2006

[CanYoAssDigIt] From Matt's MySpace Blog...

If you folks have time, please consider adding your comments to this developing debate!


matt

Last Updated:
May 5, 2006

Post New Blog
Customize
Email to a Friend

Gender: Male
Status: Married
Age: 92
Sign: Virgo

City: Wenatchee
State: WASHINGTON
Country: US

Signup Date: 03/21/06




Sunday, April 30, 2006

 

The Movie Ishtar
Current mood: blank

I love the movie Ishtar, and I want to see it come out on DVD, with
lots of extra features, and also want the soundtrack to come out. I am
very encouraged that there are more and more Ishtar fans coming out of
the closet, and proudly and boldly proclaiming their affection for
this funny and clever movie. I think that Hoffman and Beatty are at
their best in this movie. While it was great to see them together
again in Dick Tracy, it's too bad that the movie did so poorly that a
sequel was forever out of the question. At least, to paraphrase
Humphrey Bogart in that other great desert classic, "We'll always have
Ishtar."

If you feel the same way way I do about this under-appreciated
classic, please join my Yahoo group, "I Love Ishtar"

by sending an e-mail to ILoveIshtar-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

and lets get started!

Matt Love matt.mattlove1@gmail.com
Currently listening:
Colossal Youth
By Young Marble Giants
Release date: By 26 August, 2003

1:21 AM - 2 Comments - 0 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove

Dark Horse

Dustin Hoffman and Warren Beatty were at their best in Ishtar?

Dude, you're on drugs.

Have you forgotten about 'The Graduate' or 'Bonnie & Clyde'? What about Beatty's work in the classic series, 'The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis'?

I saw 'Ishtar' when it was first shown on HBO, and while that was so long ago that I can't remember specifics about the film, I certainly don't recall thinking that it was the best performance by either actor.

Posted by Dark Horse on Sunday, May 07, 2006 at 9:24 AM
[ Remove] [ Reply to this]


matt

I maintain they were at the top of their game. I didn't mean that their performances exceeded those other ones you mentioned, but equalled them.  I have to concede that the stark realism, the moments of tight knuckle tension and the cathartic release in explosive violence that characterized Beatty's work in "Dobie Gillis" wasn't on my mind when I wrote that, but I stand by it because this is my blog, and I'm the decider here. 

Most people who are haven't climbed aboard the Ishtar bandwagon are people who barely remember it, or have never seen it. So forget what you think you know about Ishtar, get with the countdown, shake this square world, and blast off for kicksville

Posted by matt on Sunday, May 07, 2006 at 10:38 AM
[ Remove] [ Reply to this]




YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS




No comments: