I've finally achieved consistency in my life. Any person of average or above intelligence can predict what I will say next with unerring accuracy. And what I say will always be wrong.

Saturday, November 17, 2007

Re: [CanYoAssDigIt] Re: Fwd: The Plan, falsely attributed to Robin Williams

Rick, I really feel for you...  though I am very lucky to have my wonderful wife and the unconditional love of our three dogs, I find myself missing my mom more as time goes by, and Joe. I have such a mix of feelings... unlike Elaine who wanted to live and tried to stay alive, Joe was in good physical health, but rejected life.  So I feel anger mixed with sadness... I never once criticized any of his choices in life, maybe I should have - in retrospect it was pretty obvious where they were leading him.   On the other hand, it's probably good that I didn't see it at the time - I would have been worrying and obsessing about something I probably couldn't have influenced at all.

I haven't made a single friend yet here in Edmonton.  Constrained as my life was in Wenatchee, I miss my friends there, and my dad.

And I have all these virtual friends with problems.... I worry when they don't write. My friend Luciana in Brazil is very talented, and so many people love and admire her, but she is always sad. I don't know if she gets any sustanance at all from the love of people around her... which was Joe's problem.  People cared about him, admired him... but he never knew. He thought everybody hated him.  I don't think he thought I did, but I remember so many times I'd go see him, and he'd say "I didn't think I'd ever see you again!"  because he imagined he'd done something horrible when he was drunk last time I saw him, but of course, anything he did was so minor that most times I didn't even remember it.

But anyway, not trying to give you more things to feel bad about... trying to say I think i understand, at least a little bit, what you are saying....



On Nov 17, 2007 4:57 AM, Rick REED RxR < rexar4@yahoo.coma> wrote:

Had enough of my cave.
I just miss Elaine.
She was all I had here that
I could look at.

--- In CanYoAssDigIt@yahoogroups.com, "matt love" <mattlove1@...>


wrote:
>
> Please don't go back to your cave!
>
> I'm sorry you've had enough of debate, but it's my opinion (and
> apparently that if Ignatius) that bad ideas should be countered with
> good ideas. All it takes for bad ideas to triumph is for good ideas
> to be silent. In terms of getting along and all that, I think it's a
> good idea, I would like to get along and all that, but Bobbie
> continues to aggressively promote hate and lies, and I have to agree
> with Ignatius, whoever he is. Perhaps he should have let the
argument
> stay where one whatever list he found it, but maybe he was just
> taking Bobbie at her word when she said she wanted it spread like a
> virus all over the place. I've used the same strategy myself - doing
> what she asked, but appending corrective comments to it.
>
> I like a flowering of free speech on my lists, and my blogs... but
> it's true that I've worked hard to stay out of Bobbie's way and to
> make sure she stays out of mine, it's a shame to have this stuff pop
> up again. At the very least, I hate spam, so i will consider making
> the list moderated again.
>
> I sent the following message to you on the YouTube account, but I'll
> send it to you here too.
>
> I'd be tempted to say that Bobbie does what she does because she's
> mentally ill (I'm not saying that to be mean, she has a history of
> psychiatric hospitalization and she says herself she's manic
> depressive) - but there are lots of people like her - that send
these
> false stories around that present them and their country in the
worst
> possible light. They seem to have a very distorted view of their
own
> religion. Take the story of the good Samaritan. Jesus didn't say
> that if you see a Jew (or a Mexican, or a Canadian or a Palestinian)
> sick by the side of the road, you should throw them on a cart and
send
> them back to Mexico... or throw them on a plane and have them taken
to
> Syria to be tortured.
>
> All this crazy nationalism is very scary, I am very pleased that one
> Presidential candidate, Dennis Kosinich, is calling it by the proper
> name - fascism. When Jesus said "render unto Caesar what is
Caesar's,"
> he didn't mean let Caesar grasp God-like powers... and since we
don't
> have Caesars in modern domocracy, we have servants, the only
possible
> relevant comment Jesus made on nationalism is rendered irrelevant.
>
> Jesus didn't say "waterboard the weak, for they wish to inherit a
> crust of bread"
>
> He didn't say "if you IMAGINE that a man wishes to slap you on the
> cheek, hang him in a cell and beat him until his legs are pulpified
> and then he dies."
>
> I feel very strongly about this stuff, and it seems like a mentally
> ill person who sends out hateful lies and encourages them to forward
> them to everybody they know is inviting trouble.
>
> The only one of all those comments that Robin Williams really said
was
> the last one - and it amazes me that people can read it without
> understanding that he was being CRITICAL of the new American
Fascism.
>
>
>
> ---------- Forwarded message ----------
> From: Rick REED RxR <arexar4@...>
> Date: Nov 10, 2007 4:34 AM
> Subject: [CanYoAssDigIt] Re: Fwd: The Plan, falsely attributed to
Robin Williams
> To: CanYoAssDigIt@yahoogroups.com
>
> NATT...
> Why isn't this group Moderated?
>
> All my Moderated Groups have proven to grow much faster
> as crap like this is avoided.
>
> I don't care for debate anymore.
>
> We can all get along or just ...
>
> well..I might return to my cave instead.
>
> --- In CanYoAssDigIt@yahoogroups.com, "ignatius Valiant"
>


__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Moderator Central

An online resource

for moderators

of Yahoo! Groups.

Dog Fanatics

on Yahoo! Groups

Find people who are

crazy about dogs.

Special K Challenge

on Yahoo! Groups

Find shape-up

tips and tools.

.

__,_._,___

No comments: