I've finally achieved consistency in my life. Any person of average or above intelligence can predict what I will say next with unerring accuracy. And what I say will always be wrong.

Friday, July 08, 2011

[ItsAllAboutMeMan] NPR and nuclear power

 

I'm wondering if anybody at FAIR has looked at this issue.  I see that somebody looked at CBS in 2007... how about NPR in 2011?

I will acknowledge that a lot of what I believe I've heard  - a pro-nuke bias in the wake of a huge nuclear disaster, as my fellow visionary, or perhaps delusional kook Milan Shakar posted on the NPR website - is a matter of tone, rather than outright and outrageous bias.

Milan Shakar (MilanShakar) wrote:

Why in the wake of a huge nuclear disaster does NPR's coverage over the past few weeks seem weirdly tilted toward nuclear power? I know there is a (small) bit of nuance in the stories, but not that much, and to read the headlines and first few paragraphs you would think the stories were largely positive.

One thing I value about FAIR is how when you study a media outlet (like NPR) you monitor it for an extended period, and you measure quantifiable things.  I'm not sure this can easily be quantified, but it looks like something is there to me, and I'm wondering if anybody's looking into it.

They recently did a story about how US-style training might have helped the Japanese in their disaster (in much the same way boxing lessons might help me win a match with Mike Tyson?).  A number of listeners/readers called bullshit on them, there was a remarkable concensus... when I went back to the site today, I found 2 or 3 nuclear advocates have pasted their opinions all over the comments.... ridiculing any notion that they are in the pay of / or are associated with the industry.  Maybe it's true. I just found the timing interesting.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

By us at the moment to
grasp more knowledge and facts
anyway Drop in on us at the moment to buy more knowledge and facts at all events [url=http://wedkarstwo.dogory.pl]Wędkarstwo[/url]