I've finally achieved consistency in my life. Any person of average or above intelligence can predict what I will say next with unerring accuracy. And what I say will always be wrong.

Friday, May 06, 2005

[CanYoAssDigIt] Stranger's Free Classified Musician Ads

"guitars, bass,drums/w back up vocals? Needed. i've got lyrics out the
ass! i want folks who want to write music to them. I write stuff that
sounds good acoustic and powered up, think godsmack, big n rich, alice
n chains etc i'm 20 and i sing! email me powerofmusic05@hotmail.com
[05-03-2005]
Send an e-mail: powerofmusic05@hotmail.com"

I would like to suggest that this is not the best place to get lyrics
- or anything else, except shit or a little Lithuanian delight.

I offer the following example of what happens when you get words out
of your ass:

Al Franken, in the current Seattle Weekly: "A few months ago, Rush
was talking about the minimum wage. Conservatives like to portray it
that no one has to raise a family on the minimum wage—the only people
who get the minimum wage are teenagers who want to buy an iPod. So
Rush says, "Seventy-five percent of all Americans on the minimum wage,
my friends, are teenagers on their first job." And one of the
researchers brings this to me, with a smile, and I say, "Well, can you
look it up?" And they look it up. The researcher goes to something
called the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Sixty percent of Americans on
minimum wage are 20 and above. Forty percent, then, are either
teenagers or below 12 [laughs]. I had several jobs as a teenager, so
you figure, what, 13 percent might be teenagers in their first job.
Not 75 percent. So where did Rush get his statistic? Well, he got it
directly from his butt. It went out his butt, into his mouth, out the
microphone, into the air, into the brains of dittoheads. And they
believe this stuff."

I should point out that John Walsh makes a good case that Franken
talks out of his ass, too, at www.counterpunch.org, "Al Franken is a
Big Fat Phony."


Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CanYoAssDigIt/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
CanYoAssDigIt-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

No comments: