I've finally achieved consistency in my life. Any person of average or above intelligence can predict what I will say next with unerring accuracy. And what I say will always be wrong.

Saturday, May 07, 2005

Re: [CanYoAssDigIt] Stranger's Free Classified Musician Ads

Anyone remember that column in the Cooper Point Journal, years ago,
called "Thoughts n Shit?"

Matt Love wrote:

>"guitars, bass,drums/w back up vocals? Needed. i've got lyrics out the
>ass! i want folks who want to write music to them. I write stuff that
>sounds good acoustic and powered up, think godsmack, big n rich, alice
>n chains etc i'm 20 and i sing! email me powerofmusic05@hotmail.com
>[05-03-2005]
>Send an e-mail: powerofmusic05@hotmail.com"
>
>I would like to suggest that this is not the best place to get lyrics
>- or anything else, except shit or a little Lithuanian delight.
>
>I offer the following example of what happens when you get words out
>of your ass:
>
>Al Franken, in the current Seattle Weekly: "A few months ago, Rush
>was talking about the minimum wage. Conservatives like to portray it
>that no one has to raise a family on the minimum wage—the only people
>who get the minimum wage are teenagers who want to buy an iPod. So
>Rush says, "Seventy-five percent of all Americans on the minimum wage,
>my friends, are teenagers on their first job." And one of the
>researchers brings this to me, with a smile, and I say, "Well, can you
>look it up?" And they look it up. The researcher goes to something
>called the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Sixty percent of Americans on
>minimum wage are 20 and above. Forty percent, then, are either
>teenagers or below 12 [laughs]. I had several jobs as a teenager, so
>you figure, what, 13 percent might be teenagers in their first job.
>Not 75 percent. So where did Rush get his statistic? Well, he got it
>directly from his butt. It went out his butt, into his mouth, out the
>microphone, into the air, into the brains of dittoheads. And they
>believe this stuff."
>
>I should point out that John Walsh makes a good case that Franken
>talks out of his ass, too, at www.counterpunch.org, "Al Franken is a
>Big Fat Phony."
>
>
>
>Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
>
>
>


Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CanYoAssDigIt/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
CanYoAssDigIt-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

No comments: