I've finally achieved consistency in my life. Any person of average or above intelligence can predict what I will say next with unerring accuracy. And what I say will always be wrong.

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

[CanYoAssDigIt] They should be horsewhipped!

It may be underway by now, for all I know. I am not the world's best
tracker of popular culture anymore.

I read an interview with Brian May in which he said that Queen was
going to be touring with Paul Rogers (Free, Bad Company, The Firm) on
vocals. Rogers has a rock pedigree, that's for sure... but the idea of
him standing in for Freddie Mercury is bizarre. Oh, I could see it on
"we will rock you" or something like that... but Bohemian Rhapsody?

The bass player is pretty much retired from the industry, and refuses
to take part in any of these things.. so it leaves two of the original
band members involved.

It seems a bit like Paul and Ringo touring with Long John Baldry or
John Mayall and calling it "The Beatles and..."

If May and what's-his-name really felt they had to do this (mortgage
due on the mansion, or whatever), they really should have thought
about Annie Lennox standing in for Freddie Mercury instead.

It doesn't matter. There are so many terrible and huge things going on
in the world that are of so much greater concern - global warming,
AIDS, genetically modified food, little dogs in sweaters... now that
I've commented on this, I'll probably never think about it again. But
I just couldn't let it go by without comment....


Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CanYoAssDigIt/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
CanYoAssDigIt-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

No comments: