I've finally achieved consistency in my life. Any person of average or above intelligence can predict what I will say next with unerring accuracy. And what I say will always be wrong.

Monday, August 06, 2007

[CanYoAssDigIt] Re: [Bizarro_UltraZine] the French

RE: why people in the US hate the French... I  think it's more because they are arrogant and xenophobic... they won't fight a real enemy, and they can't beat a subjected people like the Algerians they just torment them for a while and then they give up... they get a choice between a decent candidate and a right wing nut and they elect the wingnut... in other words, they are just like the US!

It's a clear case of projection... let's look at the facts.  Who has the sluttiest women in the world?  Last I looked Paris Hilton (despite her name) Brittney Spears, Lindsay Lohan aren't French

Who smells more than people in the US?  Our awful diets make us among the stinkiest people on the planet, no matter how neurotic we are about eradicating germs and odors

Hate Americans?   People in the US hate everybody. Somebody else dares to do the same thing - jeez, the humanity! the hubris!  drop a nuke on them!  The US did the French the favor of setting up the French Connection in their ports after WWII.  They did not reciprocate in any way shape or form (as far as I know, if you know examples of servicemen from French bases on US soil raping local girls, for example, please tell me about it). People that don't know history find it incomprehensible that other people could have genuine beefs against the US.  They just assume everybody else is as ignorant and prejudiced as we are.

Rude?  That's the reputation they seem to have. I don't know from experience.  In my experience (and Anne's), the Danes, Swedes, and Dutch were lovely people. The Germans were pretty rude, though!  They drove more cars, drove more recklessly, were contemptuous of people that didn't speak their language, and there were many, many more obese people there... in the whole time I was in Denmark, I saw maybe half a dozen men my size, and I didn't see any of the morbidly obese people like you see in the states... there was a lot of walking and riding of bikes and so on. And while Germany has a reputation for having this kind of lifestyle too, it appears to me they are much more along the lines of the US lifestyle model now.

But I don't hate them, what's a little rudeness between friends?  My question is, why don't other people in the US hate them?

Oh, that's right, they do! They hate everybody!

On 8/6/07, kdhaisch@aol.com <kdhaisch@aol.com> wrote:

Matt posted...
You know what there is still so much venom directed against the french, still on the part of people in the US? I mean, you'd think it would be all over by now, but all over the internet, on YouTube for example, the hate is just extraordinary.  It's because the French were right about Iraq. 
 
 
And here I thought we hated the French because
they're smelly, rude, hate Americans, and the
French women are sluts.
 
 
 
 
 
.




Get a sneak peek of the all-new AOL.com.


__._,_.___
SPONSORED LINKS
Featured Y! Groups

and category pages.

There is something

for everyone.

Green Y! Groups

Environment Groups

Find them here

connect with others.

Yahoo! Groups

Get info and support

on Samsung HDTVs

and devices.

.

__,_._,___

No comments: