I've finally achieved consistency in my life. Any person of average or above intelligence can predict what I will say next with unerring accuracy. And what I say will always be wrong.

Friday, December 07, 2007

[CanYoAssDigIt] Canadian Radio Rocks

Today Jian Ghomeshi interviewed Nic Harcourt of KCRW's Morning Becomes Eclectic - .  He introduced him with a big fat buildup praising NPR, PRI, and KEXP, among many other unworthies. I had to speak out, thus destroying any hope of any influence or connection in the future. I felt it should be done.  The US is a spent force.  Everywhere I look - Canada, Brazil, The Philippines, China, Vietnam - exciting and vital stuff is breaking out. The US is a museum.  A museum where pinheads are tossing things into the trash and the shredder as fast as they can, and selling off a priceless heritage as scrap.

http://www.cbc.ca/q/

Jeez Jian, it's nice of you to give props to the radio down south, but misguided.  There is more good radio in Edmonton than there is in the entire country of the US.  That lousy station in Seattle was a nice little student station at the U of W before Paul Allen bought it (how that happened I'll never understand) and turned it into an advertisement for another public/private enterprise of his, the hideous and gross EMP. Seattle is under then thumb of the microsoft creeps.

NPR was pivital in my decision to move to Canada, and if you are interested (which I very much doubt) I'll tell you that story. NPR, PRI, APR - all are now part of the propaganda model that dominates (comprises?) american media now - scarcely preferable to Fox or CNN. 

The only good radio in the states is Amy Goodman's Democracy Now! and some of the programming on WFMU www.wfmu.org/ who have done a remarkable job of surviving seperation from a university (in their case, closure), in much the same way as CKUA. 

I know you are a musician.  So am I. I tell you, music isn't so important. It's a narcotic, and Morning Becomes Eclectic is just an opiate to lull people will the US goes down the toilet.  If you want to do something worthwhile, interview Amy Goodman, she's a amazing.  Talk to Greg Palast about how he's been edged out of NPR.  Or Noam Chomsky - there is a starding order, Chomsky is not to be interviewed or mentioned (unless the context is linguistics).

Thank God for the internet - before I moved here, it was the only thing that saved me.

__._,_.___
Moderator Central

Get answers to

your questions about

running Y! Groups.

Athletic Edge

A Yahoo! Group

to connect w/ others

about fitness goals.

Move More

on Yahoo! Groups

This is your life

not a phys-ed class.

.

__,_._,___

No comments: