I've finally achieved consistency in my life. Any person of average or above intelligence can predict what I will say next with unerring accuracy. And what I say will always be wrong.

Saturday, November 01, 2008

[ItsAllAboutMeMan] Fwd: News from Broadjam: Last day to submit Love Songs to MTV studios

I'm having that pre-gig adrenalin rush that makes me do things that I'll probably regret later, and then boast about them to my inner circle.  The initial email went out before Anne and I went out for coffee.  I'm writing this after we came back from coffee, of course... unrepentant and compounding my bad judgement.

I sent this message to about 50 email addresses of employees at mtv that I harvested a few months ago...  not exactly the most professional pitch, but maybe somebody there will be amused, and write back...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: matt love <mattlove1@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, Nov 1, 2008 at 8:33 AM
Subject: Fwd: News from Broadjam: Last day to submit Love Songs to MTV studios
To:


Dear Sir or Ms:

I'm trying to determine if this is a legitimate offer, or if it's a scam.  Why should I pay Broadjam to submit a song to MTV?  Why can't I just do it directly?

Because I think my Brazilian-Canadian hybrid band has the greatest love song of all time, "The Beach".  I've attached it for your consideration.

My bandmate and musical hero Lulina has already been on Brazilian MTV, but I think she's ready to go global.

And I think you ought to base a reality show around my experiences as a bumbling north american who can't speak a word of Portuguese, but is in a band with these amazing and delightful Sao Paulo musicians... they are young enough to be my kids, but they treat me as a peer.  They would be the stars and the heart throbs, I would be the comedy relief. I'm like Bill Murray in "Lost In Translation" except I look more like Uncle Fester from the Addams Family.  I could send you some footage if you are interested.

Just saying.


---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Broadjam <notifications@broadjam.com>
Date: Sat, Nov 1, 2008 at 8:02 AM
Subject: News from Broadjam: Last day to submit Love Songs to MTV studios
To: mattlove1@gmail.com


Dear Matt,

Today is the final day to submit your Love Songs for placement consideration in one or more shows on MTV. Each artist that submits to this opportunity will be contacted and informed of the results after the round is closed and selections have been made. This Opportunity Provider will screen all songs, and those that are selected will be sent directly to MTV after each round of submissions for possible placements in any or all MTV produced shows. The Provider has an ongoing relationship with almost 20 different contacts at MTV and has licensed many songs of various genres with the studio. Because MTV produces all of their own content, they license music for any MTV production, and use the songs at any time. You will know when your song is placed when your performing rights organization sends your payment along with a list of shows you were licensed to.

Here are the details:
(Love Songs) MTV placement opportunity - Round 4
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Looking for: Singer/Songwriters
Explicit Lyrics Accepted: No
Instrumentals Accepted: Yes

Submission deadline: 12/1/2008

Submit to this Opportunity
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thank you for being a part of the Broadjam community.

Sincerely,
The Broadjam team

This is an automated email from Broadjam. Please do not reply to this email.

Broadjam, Inc.
6401 Odana Rd.
Madison, WI 53719
Join Our Mailing List
Safe Unsubscribe
Broadjam | 6401 Odana Rd | Madison | WI | 53719



--
Love me, love my vids
http://www.youtube.com/user/mattlove1



--
Love me, love my vids
http://www.youtube.com/user/mattlove1

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
John McEnroe

on Yahoo! Groups

Join him for the

10 Day Challenge.

Y! Groups blog

the best source

for the latest

scoop on Groups.

Yahoo! Groups

Discover healthy

living groups and

live a full life.

.

__,_._,___

No comments: