I've finally achieved consistency in my life. Any person of average or above intelligence can predict what I will say next with unerring accuracy. And what I say will always be wrong.

Saturday, November 01, 2008

[ItsAllAboutMeMan] The ultimate Spinal Tap moment?

The show in the park went went really well... no complaints. I was sad that this trip we only introduced one new old historic Olympia song, "Communicate" by Twin Diet - and we dropped Teenage Punk Rocker In Love... but no big deal there.

What was a big deal was that about an hour before the show, a few of us were sitting there talking, waiting for Du to arrive with the amps and equipment, when we heard a loud cracking - we looked across the park and a big-ass tree, and I mean big,  started coming down - for no apparent reason at all, we watched in horror and fascination as this monster tree - it must have been 30 to 45 feet around at the base - toppled over, taking down huge palm trees with it, snapping them off like toothpicks . It all happened so fast, in just seconds.  Immediately people swarmed across the park and from off the street, working their way through the branches, looking for people trapped under the monster. 

Miraculously, apparently only one person was hurt - a woman was lead away, holding her arm, looking very shaken, maybe in shock, but able to move without assistance other than people guiding her by her elbow.

I have to say that it was far and away the most bizarre thing that has ever happened at any show I've ever played in... it comes darn close to exploding drummers.

Afterwards I asked Six if this sort of thing happened all the time, or if they just arranged it for Anne and my benefit.  He, and everybody else, was as amazed and shocked as we were.

--
Love me, love my vids
http://www.youtube.com/user/mattlove1

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Groups

Real Food Group

Share recipes

and favorite meals.

John McEnroe

on Yahoo! Groups

Join him for the

10 Day Challenge.

Special K Group

on Yahoo! Groups

Join the challenge

and lose weight.

.

__,_._,___

No comments: