I've finally achieved consistency in my life. Any person of average or above intelligence can predict what I will say next with unerring accuracy. And what I say will always be wrong.

Thursday, March 24, 2005

Re: [BloodParadise] Welcome Joe Swordfish!

Well, you won't find that kind of information here - the other members
couldn't be bothered to join this list. I set it up to increase
communication between members and others, but they think they are so
damn iconoclastic that anytime you I feel some kind of momentum
building, the famous BP constipation kicks in, and everything comes to
a screeching halt. I was excited and happy about a number of things
that were going on - gigging, projects, etc. Gotta put a stop to
those kind of healthy developments, don't we? With BP, the more you
put in, the less you get out, which is the opposite of what you get
used to in healthy systems.

Think of BP as a kind of disfunctional sphincter muscle. You give it
a nice health enriching high-colonic enema, and counter-intuitively,
the sphinter snaps shut and nothing comes out.

Though I can't speak for others, I'm happy to discuss my influences.
In no particular order - Bob Dylan, Pete Townsend, Frank Zappa, Claude
Debussy, Anton Webern.

We used to play Inna Godda Divida (or whatever, like it matters) a lot
because I used to know the bass riff. I've forgotten it, and it hasn't
seemed worth figuring it out again, so it's been dropped from our bag
of tricks.

Have a great day!

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 21:58:12 -0800, Joe Swordfish wrote:
>
> Thanks for the welcome, Matt.
>
> Ha ha, I said "welcome matt"
>
> I thought I'd sign up for this list so I could get some inside
> information from the members of Blood Paradise about things like
> '"what are your influences" - I've heard Iron Butterfly was a big
> influence on you guys.
>
> Thanks
>
> Joe
>
>
> On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 00:36:13 -0800, Matt Love wrote:
> >
> > Glad to see some activity on this list. I'd like to welcome Joe
> > Swordfish - it's a real honor to have him here. He's an experimental
> > musician, doing work something along the lines I was doing in my Mr.
> > Roboto persona, only much richer and more exciting.
> >
> > Check out a couple of his tunes at
> >
> > www.soundclick.com/RxR
> >
> >
> >
> > Yahoo! Groups Links
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
>
> ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~-->
> In low income neighborhoods, 84% do not own computers.
> At Network for Good, help bridge the Digital Divide!
> http://us.click.yahoo.com/c9hWNA/3MnJAA/n1hLAA/9.XylB/TM
> --------------------------------------------------------------------~->
>
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
> <*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BloodParadise/
>
> <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
> BloodParadise-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
>
> <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
>
>

No comments: