I've finally achieved consistency in my life. Any person of average or above intelligence can predict what I will say next with unerring accuracy. And what I say will always be wrong.

Sunday, May 22, 2005

[CanYoAssDigIt] Excessive Force

I think most of us, even most fans, can agree that there are those
among us who invest maybe a little too much emotionally in popular
fiction, including movies. When it reaches the point of violence, no
doubt remains.

Here in Thurston County, the Lacey Cinemas was the venue for
premiering the new Star Wars movie. I think it's called "Revenge of
the Slit" or something like that. Waiting in line, with missing the
very first midnight showing out of the question, were nerds (pronounce
it "nairds" if you please)dressed as Darth Vader, Obi-Wan, and, in a
particularly nice touch, a real dwarf as Yoda.

Obi-Wan and Yoda persisted in rattling on about how much Darth Vader
"sucks." "Sucks" seems like a way too friendly term for someone behind
the murders of entire planets full of beings, but maybe I'm starting
to take this stuff too seriously myself.

Darth got fed up and clipped Obi-Wan a good one on the jaw. Darth was
arrested and booked into jail.

I hope he wasn't wearing Earth-type clothes under his robes. I like
the image of a guy sitting in jail in full regalia.

How much of this stuff goes on nationwide?

Is it wrong for me to have a good laugh at a violent incident? Yes.
Does that stop me? No. For this reason, I hope that Lucas returns to
his original plan to film episodes VII-IX.


Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CanYoAssDigIt/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
CanYoAssDigIt-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

No comments: