I've finally achieved consistency in my life. Any person of average or above intelligence can predict what I will say next with unerring accuracy. And what I say will always be wrong.

Thursday, April 03, 2008

[ItsAllAboutMeMan] Bom Dia to all Waiters, Punk Rock Girls, and assorted friends and fellow travelers!

Como vai sua tia?

I have to confess that I had ideas (big ideas) about how when those videos of the Waiters songs went up on YouTube, that they would be viewed hundreds and thousands of times… I was disappointed that after a fair amount of interest the first several days, the views slowed way down… while there was steady interest in some songs, others were hardly getting any views at all.  While I am very proud of all these songs, and wish they all were getting lots of listens, I am not sad that Watermelon Sugar was slowly pulling away from the rest of the songs… but then something quite interesting started happening a week ago… the number of views for this song was going up faster and faster, and now it's been viewed 3 times as often as Christmas Lights, and 13 times as often as "Espresso Bars."

Song

total
views today

total views one month ago

Watermelon Sugar

293

 87

Christmas Lights (Luzes de Natal)

95

 78

Back In The Day

70

 58

Cast a Shadow

62

 50

I Got Ideas

54

 43

Take A Walk To The Smithfield

46

 30

Plan 13 from Outer Space

42

 30

The Ugly American

41

 30

The Beach (originally 'Pôr dos sóis')

29

 26

Teenage Punk Rocker In Love

29

 22

Absence (originally 'Tata')

27

 20

Indie Rock Royalty

26

 17

A Nation of Espresso Bars

23

 19

I don't know if it's one person obsessively viewing it over and over again (up to 13 times an hour) or if an influential person mentioned it on their blog or something, but it's just doing great, and I hope it continues!  The momentum may eventually lead to all those rock star things I've always wanted – a private jet, a Ranch in Mogi das Cruzes (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=2hPYEUWMp3Y), and all the microwave popcorn I can eat.

Today Watermelon Sugar became my 2nd most watched vid, passing my instructional video, "How to Play Blues Guitar Like Blind Kiwi Fillmore" (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=NirezTQT8Rw) which took a year to reach 287 views!

The only vid I have up that has more views is my video on the physics and metaphysics of spork use and misuse (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=v6BJLFDvrI0).  It took a year to reach 523 views, so it will no doubt soon be passed, too.

I've put up a new vid by by my new band, The Mere Mortals, featuring my niece, Tara, age 8. This particular song is in my new Guitar Hero III (tm) inspired style. It's called "Pan Tara" (like Pantera, only spelled differently, and two words instead of one, but otherwise like that).

If you have time, check it out at: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=w_q4O7UIPQM

I think you will agree that she seriously shreds.


__._,_.___
Moderator Central

An online resource

for moderators

of Yahoo! Groups.

Y! Groups blog

The place to go

to stay informed

on Groups news!

Yahoo! Groups

Balance your life

by learning how to

make smart choices.

.

__,_._,___

No comments: