I've finally achieved consistency in my life. Any person of average or above intelligence can predict what I will say next with unerring accuracy. And what I say will always be wrong.

Friday, May 09, 2008

Re: [ILoveIshtar] Re: A true story for you

I certainly know better than to use the line "Are these breasts?" in my house!

Speaking of that memorable line, I heard Shira Assel singing on the flight back home from France!

Well, sort of. I got tired of movies (Enchanted - wonderful, Alvin and the Chipmunks, awful) so I was listening to music... in the collection Paris Au Feminin, Isabelle Adjani sings Pull Marine.

Perhaps she was inspired by Rogers and Clarke to do a little recording!

My friend Vincent, who I got to see in Paris, tells me that in France artistic expression is respected, and people accept it if a painter publishes a book of poetry, or an actor records an album (didn't Ronald Reagan say "Did you know the French have no word for 'dilettante?'"). 

Perhaps Rogers and Clarke would be regarded as geniuses in France, like Jerry Lewis... with paintings hanging in the Louvre!


On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 4:49 AM, Jocelyn Post <hjp1943@yahoo.com> wrote:
Yeah, You really know the lingo is a fave, as is the totally unusable in everyday life "Are these breasts?"
And "When you're on, you're on!"


matt love <mattlove1@gmail.com> wrote:
"You really know the lingo" has to be close to the top for me, too. 

There's so many... but I think my current is probably "Most guys'd be ashamed, but you've got the guts to just say 'to hell with it'. You say that you'd rather have nothing than settle for less"

And guess what?  I saw Shirra Assel here in Paris, too.

Well, her picture, anyway, this poster is up all over the city....

On Sat, Apr 26, 2008 at 9:53 AM, Dave Elvin <dave@daveelvin.com> wrote:
Matt Love wrote:

>
"Don't hustle me," I said. "l'm from Edmonton. They call me the Canadian
Goose!"

Matt, (sigh) you really know the lingo.

(That, btw, is my favorite line of the entire movie. What's yours?)

Peas,
Dave




Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

__._,_.___
Only on Yahoo!

Star Wars galaxy

Create a profile

and meet fans.

Yahoo! Groups

Join people over 40

who are finding ways

to stay in shape.

Yahoo! Groups

Home Improvement

Learn and share

do-it-yourself tips.

.

__,_._,___

No comments: