I've finally achieved consistency in my life. Any person of average or above intelligence can predict what I will say next with unerring accuracy. And what I say will always be wrong.

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

[CanYoAssDigIt] Re: [OregonDems_etc] Who was "Caroline"???

If true, it's creepy. The song was released in September 16, 1969,
when Caroline Kennedy would have been 12. However, By 1969 Neil
Diamond was no longer particularly young or broke. Perhaps he wrote it
in 1962 when he was young and broke and she was 5?

I would think Diamond was losing his grip on the facts of life (like
Reagan believing he liberated death camps in WWII) but there is the
creepy precedent of his song Desiree:

"Well I became a man
At the hands of a girl
Almost twice my age..."

It's a creepy chauvinistic idea no matter what age a guy is, that he
becomes a man by having sex - but how could somebody twice his age be
a girl, then? Diamond is Jewish, so maybe he means he was 13, and she
was 26? Still a girl in his mind, while the conquering school boy has
become a man?

Read the following and keep in mind a not-so-young Neil Diamond
crooning it to Caroline, not yet out of middle school:

Sweet Caroline Lyrics
» Neil Diamond

Where it began, I can't begin to know when
But then I know it's growing strong
Oh, wasn't the spring, whooo
And spring became the summer
Who'd believe you'd come along

Hands, touching hands, reaching out
Touching me, touching you
Oh, sweet Caroline
Good times never seem so good
I've been inclined to believe it never would

And now I, I look at the night, whooo
And it don't seem so lonely
We fill it up with only two, oh
And when I hurt
Hurting runs off my shoulder
How can I hurt when holding you

Oh, one, touching one, reaching out
Touching me, touching you
Oh, sweet Caroline
Good times never seem so good
Oh I've been inclined to believe it never would

Ohhh, sweet Caroline, good times never seem so good

On Nov 20, 2007 9:26 AM, S. McCabe <blue_meanie_9@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
>
> http://music.yahoo.com/read/news/32627863
>
> , Stevo
>
>
>
> We have 3,873 dead soldiers.
> If you don't like it, talk to this man.
>
>
>
>
> ________________________________
> Be a better sports nut! Let your teams follow you with Yahoo Mobile. Try it
> now.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Groups

Parenting Zone

Share experiences

with other parents.

Moderator Central

An online resource

for moderators

of Yahoo! Groups.

Yahoo! Groups

Real Food Group

Share recipes

and favorite meals.

.

__,_._,___

No comments: