I've finally achieved consistency in my life. Any person of average or above intelligence can predict what I will say next with unerring accuracy. And what I say will always be wrong.

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Re: [ILoveIshtar] Howdy

Very cool to hear, Matt.

Jef Leeson,
Ishtar The Movie Webchef

----------------------------------------------------------
"People would rather suffer with what they have than try the unknown."
http://www.ishtarthemovie.com
http://www.lddonline.com

matt love wrote:
> Hey folks,
>
> Last week I went to Canada Music Week in Toronto - it's the biggest Music
> Industry Event in Canada, something like SXSW in Austin. It was very
> educational. I learned a lot of inside dope... for example, (brace yourself)
> the music business isn't always very nice. For one thing, they want to
> separate you from your money, and the want to use your children as their
> agents in doing it.
>
> The guy from MTV crowed about the number of kids as young as nine years old
> who have their own cell phones (I don't remember the exact number, but it
> was something like "a lot.") Every kid with a cell phone is a potential
> customer for something called a "ring tone." I don't know about you, but I
> don't know many nine-year-olds with jobs. They have to get the money to buy
> these "ring tones" from somewhere, can you guess the most likely place?
> That's right.
>
> I felt sorry for the artists and producers who are scrambling to make a
> living while the record companies are resisting change and suing consumers,
> and targeting children with their vile product.
>
> So it was kind of disheartening, but in the middle of all this, I took an
> hour away from it to be interviewed on camera by John Mitchell for "Waiting
> for Ishtar", his film about Ishtar fandom (http://www.waitingforishtar.com/).
> He's one of the nicest guys I've had the privilege to meet in I don't know
> how long... he put me totally at ease, and I don't think I'll look like a
> kook or a moron, so I'm happy about how it went.
>
> He told me one thing that was fascinating - I don't think I've heard this
> before. The on screen snippets of songs Paul Williams wrote for the movie
> are only sections of complete songs. Furthermore, Williams wrote 55 songs
> for consideration!
>
> My gosh, what a treasure trove. I hope they become available to us some
> day.
>
>

__._,_.___
Only on Yahoo!

Star Wars galaxy

Create a profile

and meet fans.

Moderator Central

Yahoo! Groups

Join and receive

produce updates.

Curves on Yahoo!

A group for women

to share & discuss

food & weight loss.

.

__,_._,___

No comments: