I've finally achieved consistency in my life. Any person of average or above intelligence can predict what I will say next with unerring accuracy. And what I say will always be wrong.

Monday, April 18, 2005

[TheBigStupid] K Records - lying sacks


I just got a mailing from K Records today. Among other items:

Fred Thomas / Nedelle split 45 (Ypsilanti)
A single featuring Fred Thomas and Nedelle, made especially for their
tour around the U.S. They stopped in Olympia last week and delivered a
handful to the K Mail Order Dept., which also distributes a 45 by Fred
Thomas' band Saturday Looks Good to Me, "The Girl's Distracted".

Damn it, I hate it when people lie to me and I find out. I'm sure they
lie to me all the time, and I'm happy as a clam until I find out, and
then it really pisses me off. Compair this with what they said to me
before:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Mariella Luz
Date: Feb 3, 2005 3:13 PM
Subject: RE: [Fwd: Your print catalog]
To: matt.mattlove1@gmail.com
Cc: joel@krecs.com

Hi Matt-

I am sorry but we don't carry other artist at this time. We stopped doing
outside distribution a couple of years ago and now we only sell our own
stuff. Good luck!

thanks,
Mariella

From: Matt Love
Date: 2005/02/03 Thu AM 09:52:54 PST
To: info@krecs.com
Subject: Your print catalog

Dear Sir or Ms:

While it appears that the online catalog only contains music released
on the K label, does the print catalog still contain other artists?

I ask because I am working to help artist Nam Seung Hee to try to gain
an audience outside of South Korea where she is based.

Her music is acoustic guitar based rock. Most of her songs are in
Korean, but I feel the beauty of the material transcends language.

I have no interest in this other than friendship; I'm not a manager or
promoter, just an old guy with a couple of early recordings on K
(Wimps and Manta Man on the Lets Together compilation) who's trying to
support a talented young artist.

Is there room in the catalog for CDs by Nam Seung Hee?

Thank you,

Matt Love


Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TheBigStupid/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
TheBigStupid-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

No comments: