I've finally achieved consistency in my life. Any person of average or above intelligence can predict what I will say next with unerring accuracy. And what I say will always be wrong.

Saturday, April 23, 2005

[CanYoAssDigIt] Fwd: ywr


I have changed the name of this list from "The Big Stupid" to the
same name as my blog, "Can Yo' Ass Dig It" because I decided I wanted
to use it not only to communicate all the stupid things in the world,
but also the positive things.

Positive things like this one; I want to call attention to the
tremendous advancements in Wife 2.0 over Wife 1.0. Wife 1.0 found it
impossible to say the three most beautiful words in the English
language. I am referring, of course, to "You Were Right."

Over breakfast yesterday morning somehow the subject of the song
"Buffalo Gals" came up. Wife 2.0 said that not only did she think the
song was a racist song about Black prostitutes ( Buffalo, like
"Buffalo Soldiers"), but she remembered hearing that from me.

I said that:

1. I didn't think Buffalo Soldiers was a slur, it was a name given in
admiration to black cavalry by Indians, who thought they were
formidable, and their hair reminded them of the buffalo.

But more to the point:

B. I believed that Buffalo Gals was merely referring to Gals from Buffalo (NY).

I reminded her that we have this thing called the Internet, and that
we should look it up because I love hearing those three magic words.

So while I was slaving over a hot DVD over at Joe's place last night
("Thunderbirds Are Go") Wife 2.0 did some googling, and was satisfied
by the sources she found that the three magic words were in order. You
will note that while Wife 1.0 found saying them impossible, Wife 2.0
merely finds saying them exceedingly difficult (thus, the acronym in
the subject line, not the message written out).

I believe that the success of a marriage depends on the wife's ability
to admit when she is wrong, and I am happy to report that I am
experiencing a quality marriage.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Anne Sales
Date: Apr 22, 2005 9:50 PM
Subject: ywr
To: matt.mattlove1@gmail.com

http://www.story-lovers.com/listsbuffalogals.html

Love,

A


Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CanYoAssDigIt/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
CanYoAssDigIt-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

No comments: