I've finally achieved consistency in my life. Any person of average or above intelligence can predict what I will say next with unerring accuracy. And what I say will always be wrong.

Saturday, April 14, 2007

[CanYoAssDigIt] Icepac writes about movies

Movie Reviews

I'm trying to play nice here, but it's probably beyond my abilities...

I saw part of Mr. Deeds Goes To Town. I was disappointed I didn't
catch the whole thing, but what I saw impressed the hell out of me.
Capra's message about human dignity and interdependence is really
needed today.

I while back I saw Adam Sandler's parody, "Mr. Deeds." He did a very
effective job of blunting the message of the original. I wonder if it
was funded through the "Wag The Dog" group. It didn't piss me off so
much at the time, I didn't realize how powerful the original was.

Interesting to note that the chief reviewer in the IMDB.com said that
Sandler's film was a remake of a depression-era "propaganda" film.

We have fallen so far that a message of being responsible to your
neighbor, being a good participant in civic affairs is propaganda, but
a film that says "everybody is venal, you are a useless idiot, greed
is good, etc" is just good clean fun.

The movie viewers were divided on the Sandler film: "it sucks!" "It
rules - you suck!" "you stupid - Sandler rules! Me smash!" Really
depressing. No sense at all of what has been lost over time.

I also saw part of "Sleepless In Seattle" which I had seen in its
entirety before. It was a better film than I thought.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
SPONSORED LINKS
Yahoo! Photos

Easy Upload

Share photos now

Y! GeoCities

Free Blogging

Share your views

with the world.

Yahoo! Groups

Start a group

in 3 easy steps.

Connect with others.

.

__,_._,___

No comments: