I've finally achieved consistency in my life. Any person of average or above intelligence can predict what I will say next with unerring accuracy. And what I say will always be wrong.

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

[CanYoAssDigIt] Re: [progressive] Quotes from ICH

On 6/12/07, rita@rgpproductions.net <rita@rgpproductions.net> wrote:

>
> The victor will never be asked if he told the truth: Adolf Hitler

I wonder if Hitler ever actually said that. I think that Hitler
probably said more things he never said than Yogi Berra and Dan Quayle
put together.

The beauty part of having devils (particularly dead ones) like Hitler
is that you can put any kind of outrageous statement or cautionary
tale into his mouth that you want, and nobody will rise to his
defense!

I'm not here to defend Hitler, but to defend us. Defend us from Bad
Thinking. The Bad Thinking that follows Bad Quotes. If people can use
phrases like "Bad Guys" with a straight face, surely you can allow me
to discuss the concept of Bad Thoughts.

To think that Hitler was unconcerned with truth would be wrong, I
think. Take Mein Kampf (German: My Struggle), for example. Hitler's
first proposed title was "Four and a Half Years of Struggle against
Lies, Stupidity and Cowardice!"

Not "the Struggle FOR Lies." Or perhaps the best example: "The Big
Lie." It is often erroneously claimed or implied Hitler had advocated
the use of the Big Lie as a viable propaganda technique. However,
Hitler, when writing of the Big Lie in Mein Kampf, was in fact
criticizing the Jews for [what he perceived as] use of the Big Lie.

If you Google this last statement, you'll find it's from Wikepedia,
but don't think this is the extent of my knowledge about it, I
researched it thoroughly in the past, and it's true.

Evil people never announce that they are doing evil - probably in
almost all cases, they believe they are doing good, those other
monkeys over there are doing evil. Reagan didn't say "I'm going to
lie to you and steal from you and give all your money to the rich and
that's where it will stay" - he said "the Democrats want to limit your
opportunity and freedom. Poor misguided Democrats - I used to be one
of them, now I see the light."

He might have even believed it. This is how demagoguery works. Don't
trust quotes that make the person they are attributed to sound like
Lex Luthor.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
SPONSORED LINKS
Y! GeoCities

Share Interests

Connect with

others on the web.

Y! Toolbar

Get it Free!

easy 1-click access

to your groups.

Yahoo! Groups

Start a group

in 3 easy steps.

Connect with others.

.

__,_._,___

No comments: