I've finally achieved consistency in my life. Any person of average or above intelligence can predict what I will say next with unerring accuracy. And what I say will always be wrong.

Monday, January 23, 2006

[CanYoAssDigIt] A Sincere Thank You

I am glad I have the news to tell me what to think. They had a news
story on upcoming Palestinian elections. Before the commercial break,
they told me that when they got back they would explain why "America
is dead set against the most popular party."

Well, it's an interesting construction, isn't it? I'm pretty sure
that most people in the US (they weren't talking about Venezuela or
Argentine, they meant the US) favor democracy, and don't have a
problem with democratic elections in which the people that get the
most votes win.

The regime in charge here has a passionate opposition to democracy
both here and abroad, and don't want the party that get the most votes
to win. They prefer global adherence to US standards of democracy -
the guy who doesn't get the most votes is the one that takes office,
if he's the one that will most favor the status quo.

This ruling elite (not America, as the news program would have it)
want the Palestinians to be ruled by people who will be most
accommodating to Israel's illegal aggression.

I sure am glad that the news is there to tell me what to think,
because otherwise I might make the mistake of supporting democracy.
Instead, I know what the party line is, and when anybody deviates from
it, I can viciously mock it. Maybe report the deviants to homeland
security.

Thank you network news, for telling me what to think!


Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CanYoAssDigIt/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
CanYoAssDigIt-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

No comments: