I've finally achieved consistency in my life. Any person of average or above intelligence can predict what I will say next with unerring accuracy. And what I say will always be wrong.

Saturday, February 16, 2013

[ItsAllAboutMeMan] NPR's failure to give Dr. Loftus her due

 

Dear Ms. Lawhon,

I tuned into NPR this morning and heard them discuss Dr. Elizabeth Loftus' memory research work. I was pretty surprised when they managed to reach the end of the piece without ever mentioning Dr. Loftus! You can read the transcript of the article and see for yourself:

http://www.npr.org/2013/02/16/172175227/examining-the-political-event-that-wasnt-there

This is the comment I left, now (and most likely forever) awaiting "moderation":

How did NPR's science writer fail to credit the scientist that did this work, Dr. Elizabeth Loftus? Furthermore, how did He's a doctoral student of psychology Steven Frenda fail to do the same thing? A lapse of memory? Though Marketplace trivialized the subject, at least they managed to talk to Dr. Loftus. Shame to all involved in this broadcast segment.

I'm sure you could find a more tactful way to tell them the same thing. At any rate, it's always a pleasure to be disappeared down the memory hole along with somebody of Dr. Loftus' eminence!

SIncerely,

Matt Love

__._,_.___
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just like the helpful info you provide in your

articles. I will bookmark your blog and check again here

regularly. I am slightly sure

I’ll be informed a lot of new stuff right here! Good luck for the following!


My blog ... Www.Skybud.com