I've finally achieved consistency in my life. Any person of average or above intelligence can predict what I will say next with unerring accuracy. And what I say will always be wrong.

Thursday, March 17, 2005

more evidence

Today was my half-brother's 62nd birthday. My wife and I went and got
the cake my mother ordered for him. As we were checking out, my wife
looked at the receipt. She noticed that it say "Happy Birthy, Cary."

"I hope that they didn't put that on the cake," she joked.

So I looked, and sure enough, on the cake it said "Happy Birthy, Cary."

There was no time to take it back. So we just paid for it and as we
drove back, we marveled that somebody could see that and not say to
themselves "this can't be right, I better ask for clarification."

No, they just wrote it just as it was written.

Proof that people are half as smart every 18 months.

However, tragically, nobody here (not my half-brother, or his wife or
2 kids or their spouces or their children, or my brother and his kid)
noticed. We tipped my folks off, but the four of us kept our mouths
shut, and nobody else noticed at all.

even my own family, a fraction as intelligent as they used to be.

No comments: