I've finally achieved consistency in my life. Any person of average or above intelligence can predict what I will say next with unerring accuracy. And what I say will always be wrong.

Sunday, November 06, 2005

[CanYoAssDigIt] anybody who doesn't believe they could have done a better job than this...

...should probably just kill themselves

Brown Complained, Discussed Wardrobe as Katrina Hit
And newly-released e-mails continue to call into question the job
performance of former FEMA head Michael Brown. On the morning
Hurricane Katrina hit the Gulf Coast, Brown wrote to a colleague: "Can
I quit now? Can I come home?" A few days later, he wrote to an
acquaintance: "I'm trapped now, please rescue me." In other e-mails
written during the days leading up to and during the storm, Brown
discussed searching for a dog-sitter and mused on his wardrobe. Three
days before Katrina made landfall in Louisiana, Brown wrote to his
press secretary Sharon Worthy: "Tie or not for tonight? Button-down
blue shirt?" Days later, Worthy advised Brown: "Please roll up the
sleeves of your shirt, all shirts. Even the president rolled his
sleeves to just below the elbow. In this [crisis] and on TV you just
need to look more hard-working." On August 29, the day the storm hit
New Orleans, Brown received an e-mail from deputy director of FEMA
public affairs Cindy Taylor. Taylor wrote: "You look fabulous – And
I'm not talking about the makeup!" Brown replied: "I got it at
Nordstroms... Are you proud of me?" Brown wrote in another e-mail one
hour later: "If you'll look at my lovely FEMA attire, you'll really
vomit. I am a fashion god." Two days later, Brown received an e-mail
from Marty Bahamonde, one of the only FEMA employees on the ground in
New Orleans. Bahamonde told Brown "the situation is past critical" at
the Louisiana Superdome. Brown responded: "Thanks for the update.
Anything specific I need to do or tweak?" Brown resigned as FEMA
director September 12th. He continues to collect a $148,000 dollar
annual salary

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~-->
Get fast access to your favorite Yahoo! Groups. Make Yahoo! your home page
http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/9rHolB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~->


Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CanYoAssDigIt/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
CanYoAssDigIt-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

No comments: