I've finally achieved consistency in my life. Any person of average or above intelligence can predict what I will say next with unerring accuracy. And what I say will always be wrong.

Sunday, September 02, 2007

[CanYoAssDigIt] Re: [ILoveIshtar] Re: I changed the subject line because the original would raise false hopes...

I didn't mean to imply all is dire on the web vis-à-vis (did you know the French have no word for vis-à-vis?  Particularly Isabelle Adjani. But I digress) Ishtar.

I ran across this cool reference just the other day:

http://ilovethisworld.com/?cat=11&paged=4

This is the blog of one René Garcia, Jr. and he does a great job of showing the love, particularly for the great Lyle song Portable Picnic.  I'll leave it to you to read the blog yourself, but I wanted to comment on some of the comments.

  1. Portable Shitnic is more like it.

  2. If you dont love Ishtar Jon, then I dont even want to know you.

***

Woooo hoooo, way to stick up for Ishtar, Mr. Garcia!

and check this one out:
  1. I love Ishtar!!! And Ive watched it countless times too. Before we knew it was so cool to think Ishtar was a 'bad' movie, we saw it on its release with friends and went back the next night because we thought is was so funny!!! One of these high school friends just emailed me about this post because she know it would make me very happy, and it does! Ishtar friends last.
    And the songs are fabulous.

Some of what Gina says is so familiar, it seems like I've ran across her on the web before... or maybe most Ishtar fans have a secret cell of informants (and long time friends) to share new Ishtar info with them.  Or maybe - Gina is one of us!  Gina, are you here?!?


On 8/23/07, jhuehner <jhuehner@yahoo.com> wrote:

I wish there were better web sites on the web for Ishtar, but alas I
couldn't find any that were worth mentioning.

It's a shame that this film gets so panned by everyone and most of
them haven't even seen it! They just look at it because it was a box
office bomb, who cares? A lot of good movies didn't score well at the
box office. I just saw Zodiac and that was awesome despite the poor
box office returns. Ishtar is just such a film. A great movie with
great actors and then it winds up failing making much money.

Hope someone else can find better links out there!

__.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Health & Fitness

on Yahoo! Groups

Useful info for the

health conscious.

Yoga Groups

Exchange insights

with members of

the yoga community.

Dog Groups

on Yahoo! Groups

Share pictures &

stories about dogs.

.

__,_._,___

No comments: