I've finally achieved consistency in my life. Any person of average or above intelligence can predict what I will say next with unerring accuracy. And what I say will always be wrong.

Sunday, September 02, 2007

[CanYoAssDigIt] Where Have All The Good Times Gone?

Enough time has passed that I'm no longer just nostalgic for the
Tropicana, I'm nostalgic for the Tropicana reunion! I was just
thinking about an incident that happened outside of the Metropolis
(the art space formerly known as the Tropicana).

I was with Joe Sibley. He wasn't part of the Tropicana scene back in
the the day, but much of my social life for the past 15 years or so
was hanging out with Joe … if you saw me at the re-union, you probably
saw him. He killed himself in May and I miss him greatly.

Anyway, we were waiting to talk to Bruce Pavitt… I don't know if he
was ignoring us, or he just found the guy that was nattering on about
real estate so dang fascinating he didn't want to break away, but
after 20 minutes or so we gave up and started to head back inside.

This guy with real mean eyes buttonholed me and rasped out "I saved
your foxhole in Vietnam." There was a remote possibility that I could
have been sent to Vietnam, but since he appeared to be under 30 to me,
I doubted that he'd been there either. "Now I'm going to have to kill
you," he said.

"I'd rather you didn't," I said. A true Wimp after all those years.

I was thinking about this because I'm reading a book called "Hotel
California." The author wrote "Stephen [Stills] was a mess. Drugs
and alcohol compounded delusions that he had served a tour of duty in
Vietnam."

Each generation finds the rock and roll dream for itself. And it
always seems to end up kind of like Spın̈al Tap.

Is it time to start planning the 25th anniversary, anyone?

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Yahoo! Groups

Moderator Central

get help and provide

feedback on Groups.

Green Y! Groups

Environment Groups

Find them here

connect with others.

Real Food Group

on Yahoo! Groups

What does real food

mean to you?

.

__,_._,___

No comments: