I've finally achieved consistency in my life. Any person of average or above intelligence can predict what I will say next with unerring accuracy. And what I say will always be wrong.

Thursday, March 10, 2011

[ItsAllAboutMeMan] Re: Soundcheck Remix the Rails Contest - PLEASE READ Re: My eagerly awaited winning entry to the "remix the subway" contest

 

OK, let's see:


I am over 18 years of age, yes.
I am not an employee of New York Public Radio, related them, or people living with them. My wife went to college with the guy who selects the songs for Cartalk, but that was years before I met her.I once met Howard Chackowicz is a bookstore in Montreal. He is a regular on Wiretap which broadcasts on many NPR stations, but I'm guessing if he's an employee of any public radio, its the CBC.  Does that count!
As far as I know, the law permits songwriting and even remixing here in Michigan.  Where would Eminem be without his samples?
I am not intending to submit another song. I have achieved perfection, there is no need to go on.
My mix contains almost all the subway sounds you provided.  I changed the speed of some of the tracks, but not the pitch. It is Thursday, March 10, 2011, and I submitted my entry by email, one of the two methods you allowed.  
I expect that you will broadcast and webcast my entry, it is my pleasure to be able to assist you in improving your programming in this manner.
My work is entirely original, though it is in the tradition of classics in both the rock and the roll traditions such as Bohemian Rhapsody, Stairway to Heaven, Freebird, Layla, and suchlike.
I am looking forward to coming to New York for a month to use my card, that will be fun. I have a friend there, I'm sure we will have fun.  
Yes, this is all true.
Why are you emailing me?  I read all this stuff before I submitted my entry.

On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 6:25 AM, WNYC Soundcheck <soundcheckcontest@gmail.com> wrote:
Thank you for your "Remix the Rails" entry. PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING RULES.

Must be 18 years of age or older. Not open to employees of New York
Public Radio, their immediate families or persons living in the same
household. Void where prohibited by law. Only one entry per person.

Entries must contain one or more of the subway sound files provided
via the contest page. Entrant is permitted to manipulate and/or alter
original sound files. Entries must be received by 9 a.m. ET on Monday,
March 14 using the methods detailed on the contest page. By submitting
an entry, you are asserting the following: a) New York Public Radio
may broadcast, webcast and archive your entry in whole or partial form
indefinitely; and b) that your entry is an original work.

Work will be judged by Washington Post music critic Chris Richards on
the basis of creativity, imagination, originality and musicality. One
winner will be chosen.  Prize is a one-month unlimited MetroCard for
the NYC transit system. Prize is nontransferable and cannot be
exchanged for cash.  Judge's decision will be final. Any
misrepresentation made by an entrant or multiples entries will result
in disqualification of the entrant. Winner's name will be kept on file
at WNYC and will be available by writing WNYC Listener Services, 160
Varick Street, New York, NY 10013.



--
I want to play in your town for you and 2 of your friends. 
http://eventful.com/performers/matt-love-/P0-001-000156481-4/demands

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments: