I've finally achieved consistency in my life. Any person of average or above intelligence can predict what I will say next with unerring accuracy. And what I say will always be wrong.

Sunday, August 14, 2011

[ItsAllAboutMeMan] A couple of barely-related-to-Ishtar items

 

1.That a lawnmower can do all that:
http://www.m0ar.org/4973

2. Anne and I watched The Road to Bali (1952) with Bing Crosby, Bob Hope and Dorothy Lamour last night. It was just unbelievably bad, as bad as I think things are in the world today, they'd never get away with releasing a movie that bad these days.

Or when Ishtar was released. It`s strange that people would make invidious comparisions between Ishtar and the Crosby/Hope Road movies.  I hadn't seen any of them since I was a child, when I thought they were great, and I might have thought this one was great when I was less than 10 years old, too, but to the me of 2011, it was almost impossible to watch.

It's obvious they worked really hard on Ishtar and delivered a movie that surpasses the model the way Blade Runner surpasses Robot Monster, and it's very sad people didn't (and don't) understand that.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments: