I've finally achieved consistency in my life. Any person of average or above intelligence can predict what I will say next with unerring accuracy. And what I say will always be wrong.

Thursday, November 17, 2011

[ItsAllAboutMeMan] Re: I saw a poster downtown for your organization

 

In general, it's probably better to NOT put the totallyawesome email address out all over the place if you don't want people to use it.

I was under the misapprehension you were looking for new people because of what it says on the facebook page (another location where you use the totally awesome email address, btw):  "New Beat needs more members! If you are interested, please email us at totallyawesome@umich.edu!"

But my mistake, I didn't realize that your most "Recent News" update was April 14, 2009. My bad, I guess.

I am not a student; if you're only interested in attacting student involvement, maybe you should keep that in mind when you post things in downtown Ann Arbor which is occassionally frequented by people other than U of M students, at least it was last time I looked. 

However, if the Battle fo the Bands is open to non-student bands, I invite the 40 people on this list to assess and enjoy one of my songs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWHfbryRIqE

Thank you for your consideration.

On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 11:34 AM, Adrienne Dusky <amdusky@umich.edu> wrote:
Hi Matt, 

If you want to contact the group, please reach me directly as totallyawesome is sent out to over 40 people's inboxes. 

I am the president of the student organization and we have no need for volunteers as we have 40 members in this popular group. If you are a student at the university you are welcome to join our group and get involved in concert planning. Just send me your uniqname and I'll have it added to the totallyawesome list serve. 

Thanks for your interest, I encourage your band to send a submission for our battle of the bands. Please send some tracks to nbh.battle@aol.com


Adrienne

On Nov 15, 2011, at 10:41 AM, matt love <mattlove1@gmail.com> wrote:

At first I thought "New Beat Happening" was a band, pretty funny. The old Beat Happening's first gig was opening for my band, Wimps, at our first gig and I have the proof:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1310467955869&set=o.80967894473&type=3&theater

Anyway, it seems you are looking for volunteers, if you don't mind having an Abe Simpson-like geezer hanging around, I'm interested.

I rather get the impression (after having two completely innocuous posts on the facebook page deleted) that you are in fact not interested in this, but I thought I would give it one more shot.



--
I want to play in your town for you and 2 of your friends. 
http://eventful.com/performers/matt-love-/P0-001-000156481-4/demands

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments: