I've finally achieved consistency in my life. Any person of average or above intelligence can predict what I will say next with unerring accuracy. And what I say will always be wrong.

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Fwd: [CanYoAssDigIt] Re: Fwd: The Plan, falsely attributed to Robin Williams

Please don't go back to your cave!

I'm sorry you've had enough of debate, but it's my opinion (and
apparently that if Ignatius) that bad ideas should be countered with
good ideas. All it takes for bad ideas to triumph is for good ideas
to be silent. In terms of getting along and all that, I think it's a
good idea, I would like to get along and all that, but Bobbie
continues to aggressively promote hate and lies, and I have to agree
with Ignatius, whoever he is. Perhaps he should have let the argument
stay where one whatever list he found it, but maybe he was just
taking Bobbie at her word when she said she wanted it spread like a
virus all over the place. I've used the same strategy myself - doing
what she asked, but appending corrective comments to it.

I like a flowering of free speech on my lists, and my blogs... but
it's true that I've worked hard to stay out of Bobbie's way and to
make sure she stays out of mine, it's a shame to have this stuff pop
up again. At the very least, I hate spam, so i will consider making
the list moderated again.

I sent the following message to you on the YouTube account, but I'll
send it to you here too.

I'd be tempted to say that Bobbie does what she does because she's
mentally ill (I'm not saying that to be mean, she has a history of
psychiatric hospitalization and she says herself she's manic
depressive) - but there are lots of people like her - that send these
false stories around that present them and their country in the worst
possible light. They seem to have a very distorted view of their own
religion. Take the story of the good Samaritan. Jesus didn't say
that if you see a Jew (or a Mexican, or a Canadian or a Palestinian)
sick by the side of the road, you should throw them on a cart and send
them back to Mexico... or throw them on a plane and have them taken to
Syria to be tortured.

All this crazy nationalism is very scary, I am very pleased that one
Presidential candidate, Dennis Kosinich, is calling it by the proper
name - fascism. When Jesus said "render unto Caesar what is Caesar's,"
he didn't mean let Caesar grasp God-like powers... and since we don't
have Caesars in modern domocracy, we have servants, the only possible
relevant comment Jesus made on nationalism is rendered irrelevant.

Jesus didn't say "waterboard the weak, for they wish to inherit a
crust of bread"

He didn't say "if you IMAGINE that a man wishes to slap you on the
cheek, hang him in a cell and beat him until his legs are pulpified
and then he dies."

I feel very strongly about this stuff, and it seems like a mentally
ill person who sends out hateful lies and encourages them to forward
them to everybody they know is inviting trouble.

The only one of all those comments that Robin Williams really said was
the last one - and it amazes me that people can read it without
understanding that he was being CRITICAL of the new American Fascism.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Rick REED RxR <arexar4@yahoo.com>
Date: Nov 10, 2007 4:34 AM
Subject: [CanYoAssDigIt] Re: Fwd: The Plan, falsely attributed to Robin Williams
To: CanYoAssDigIt@yahoogroups.com

NATT...
Why isn't this group Moderated?

All my Moderated Groups have proven to grow much faster
as crap like this is avoided.

I don't care for debate anymore.

We can all get along or just ...

well..I might return to my cave instead.

--- In CanYoAssDigIt@yahoogroups.com, "ignatius Valiant"

__._,_.___
Athletic Edge

A Yahoo! Group

to connect w/ others

about fitness goals.

Yahoo! Groups

Be a Better Planet

Share with others

Help the Planet.

HDTV Support

The official Samsung

Y! Group for HDTVs

and devices.

.

__,_._,___

No comments: