I've finally achieved consistency in my life. Any person of average or above intelligence can predict what I will say next with unerring accuracy. And what I say will always be wrong.

Friday, January 25, 2008

[CanYoAssDigIt] And now for something completely different...

I found these lyrics of mine in a notebook. I wrote them in January
1988. It's pretty depressing that they are as true today as they were
20 years ago... I just changed the name "Pat Robertson" to "Mike
Huckabee" and a couple of other words here and there, and badabang
badaboom, it was ready to record.

You can listen to it (though I don't know why anybody would want to) at
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=686996&songID=6205690

The Church of the Gilded Mind

You're buying your salvation
You're riding on the gravy train
On your way to meet our savior
In the clouds above the plain

You know that God's rich treasures
Are too precious for the poor
So you bought a gun to hold them back
The wolves circling at your door

Chorus
And everything is beautiful
The glories we will find
When we're taking our communion in
The Church of the Gilded Mind

It's good to know when you talk to God
He patches you right through
And friends like me have an inside track
I"m so glad that it's true

You took that Domino's Pizza guy
To dinner yesterday
You signed and sealed the papers
And then you bowed your heads to pray

Chorus

You're working with Mike Huckabee
To make faith the law of the land
Survival of the richest
Social Darwinism is God's plan

And God helps those who have it made
The devil takes those behind
And that's the way it ought to be
In the church of the Gilded Mind

Chorus

__._,_.___
Featured Y! Groups

and category pages.

There is something

for everyone.

Yahoo! Groups

Dog Zone

Connect w/others

who love dogs.

Lawn & Garden

on Yahoo! Groups

For all things

green and growing.

.

__,_._,___

No comments: