I've finally achieved consistency in my life. Any person of average or above intelligence can predict what I will say next with unerring accuracy. And what I say will always be wrong.

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

[ItsAllAboutMeMan] See, this is what I'm talking about

 

I mentioned a problem with ReverbNation. I'm getting it worked out (see attached), I think this is how to do it, we sit together and reason things out, and people will come to understand where we're coming from, and they'll meet us half ways, maybe even hold hands and sing Kum Ba Yah.  That's the kind of world I want to live in, and I'm sure that we can get there.  This song sums up my philosophy:



How does that blonde woman generate all those harmonies?  She must have studied in Tuva!  We can all learn something from each other.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: matt love <mattlove1@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 2:09 PM
Subject: Re: Blog Comment
To: Neal Moody <nmoody@reverbnation.com>


Hey Neal

Thanks for getting back to me on this.  It seems to me that this comes down to an issue of trust.  I trust you to deliver good value, and you trust that I will find it valuable and pay for it when the time comes. But how can I find out if you deliver good value if you don't let me access the features for the free amount that you advertise?
  
I'm supposed to give you my credit card number first!  but I'm not buying something now, you aren't showing trust, you aren't showing trust. 

it's like the Trojan horse, how he got his nose under into the tent and ate all the oats before anybody knew he'd busted down his stall. It's like an Easter egg. It's a bait and switch, like putting an Easter egg into the story and taking the Trojan horse out, that's the switch part, and while I'm still trying to figure out how an Easter egg can eat all the oats, the clock is ticking and my credit card is being charged.

According to ReverbNation's own statistics, I'm the  79,684th biggest rock star in the world.  I didn't get this far by being a deadbeat, I'll be able to pay when and if the time comes.

Some of the most enduring and lucrative partnerships in the history of rock were sealed with a handshake - Bob Gaudio and Frankie Valli for example.  So why don't we just do this old skool, let me use the feature, and see how it all turns out? It's this trying to get a lock on the future that's killing rock and roll, driving all the creativity and innovation right out of it.

You know that poster, we've all seen it (along with "war is bad for children and other living things"):  "If you love something, set it free. If it comes back to you, it's yours. If it doesn't, it never was."  Sting obviously did, and he made a fortune with his version, so let's take that as our business model.

Matt



On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 1:36 PM, Neal Moody <nmoody@reverbnation.com> wrote:
Hi Matt

I saw your blog comment and wanted to reach out. Thank you for informing us of the mailbox being full. That isn't a support or help address, so it is not checked as often as a lot of addresses here. For the future, the 2 best ways to contact us are:

2. There is a Feedback/Support tab live on the right side of your page any time you are logged-in, and you may click that for help as well.

Now, onto your issues. It sounds like these were the errors:

There were problems with your details:
must agree to FanReach Pro (up to 999 contacts) Terms and Conditions
month - is not a valid month
number - is not a valid credit card number
type - is requiredis invalid
year - is not a valid year
first_name - cannot be empty
last_name - cannot be empty
phone - cannot be empty

As stated in the error messages, these things can not be empty.

Credit Card or PayPal information is required for the trial for a few reasons:

1. We have to make sure that if you decide to use the service, you have a valid method of paying for it

2. As as courtesy, to refrain from an interruption in service, ReverbNation rolls over your trial into the paid version automatically on the renewal date. This is listed at checkout and available in the terms and conditions of the service as well.

You are free to add RPKs to your account and then as long as you unsubscribe before your renewal date that we list at your checkout, you will not be charged for the service. You have access to unsubscribe at any time in your Control Room -- Home -- Manage Premium Services area via the "unsubscribe" link that will show next to the service you have added. We will provide you a confirmation number and email of that.

Hope that helps,



Thanks!

Neal
RN Staff

For future support, try: http://support.reverbnation.com !  (It's new!)



--
I want to play in your town for you and 2 of your friends. 
http://eventful.com/performers/matt-love-/P0-001-000156481-4/demands




--
I want to play in your town for you and 2 of your friends. 
http://eventful.com/performers/matt-love-/P0-001-000156481-4/demands

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

No comments: