I've finally achieved consistency in my life. Any person of average or above intelligence can predict what I will say next with unerring accuracy. And what I say will always be wrong.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

[ItsAllAboutMeMan] BBC drinks the kool aid

 

Ahh, the once useful BBC slips down the same slippery slope as NPR and the CBC, away from the summit of real journalism, into the swamp of propaganda.  I've been listening to their nauseating coverage of Obama's visit. 

I was moved to try to post the following comment on page devoted to the topic on their website:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-13539137

It's amusing hearing all the misguided talk about "special relationships."  The real nature of the special relationship goes something like this:  Uncle Sam summons his little charge, more of a demand than a request.  "Little Johnny Bull, come over here.  Sit on my knee."  Johnny obediently responds.  "Tell me Johnny, do you like movies about gladiators?"  and Johnny thinks "Idiot, I used to make the movies about gladiators," but he says instead, "gee willikers, Unc - you bet I do!"

And it was amusing to hear a countryman of mine in a man-on-the-street interview wax enthusiastically about how the Arab Spring rebels look to the US and England for leadership towards freedom.  Unless they are fools, they look to the US and England as the source of their colonization, exploitation, and problems.

***

"Thank you for sending your comments, they are now awaiting moderation." (fat chance they'll get approved!)

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
MARKETPLACE

Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.


Get great advice about dogs and cats. Visit the Dog & Cat Answers Center.


Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments: