I've finally achieved consistency in my life. Any person of average or above intelligence can predict what I will say next with unerring accuracy. And what I say will always be wrong.

Monday, April 30, 2007

[CanYoAssDigIt] I'm sorry to hear that Spiderman 3 is no Ishtar....

It's one of my favorite movies. But it figures... I thought the first
and second spiderman movies were ok, but they were no Ishtar, either.

You get to a certain age, and that comic book stuff doesn't cut it
anymore. It's kind of strange that when I was 14, I was ashamed I was
still reading and collecting comics... my peers had moved on. but now
we're all supposedly adults, and people are preoccupied with comic
book characters...

I remember the first time I heard an adult talk about getting the bad
guys... it was a retard cop in a ritual abuse continuing education
class I was infiltrating. I almost laughed out loud, but that would
have blown my cover. Now I hear it all the time, and I have to wonder
if it doesn't have something to do with adults consuming juvenile
entertainment... people around the world must be concerned that the
world is being run by people with the moral and emotional development
of 12 year olds. and we've elected a president just like us! Or had
one selected for us, nobody knows or cares, we're too busy watch
movies based on comic book characters!

Ishtar never really found a market, because in the middle of the
Reagan years (the trial run for the Bush years) people weren't
prepared for a subtle comedy in which the CIA would assassinate
American citizens to keep the mid-eastern despot in power. Of course
they would - but no, we like comic book reassurances where the good
guys are good and the bad guys are bad.

Don't worry, I don't think you're not subtle enough to get it. I don't
think you saw Ishtar at all! Because people that have seen it like it!
Gotcha!

Despite being in the dying days of Bushite Brownshirtism, I think
this is going to be a great year for Ishtar... the 20th anniversary
will mark a big resurgence. There is a documentary film about Ishtar
fandom in the works, the manager of the Ishtar fan website
(http://www.ishtarthemovie.com/) is putting together a tribute CD
featuring cover versions of songs from the movie, and possibly a US
release on DVD (something the heathen in Europe have been enjoying for
years). So shake off that square world, get with the countdown, and
blast off to Ishtar!

http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/ILoveIshtar/
http://www.waitingforishtar.com/
http://www.ishtarthemovie.com/

__._,_.___
SPONSORED LINKS
Yahoo! Photos

Upload & Print

Same-day pickup

at Target

Y! GeoCities

Share Photos

Put your favorite

photos online.

Yahoo! Groups

Start a group

in 3 easy steps.

Connect with others.

.

__,_._,___

No comments: