I've finally achieved consistency in my life. Any person of average or above intelligence can predict what I will say next with unerring accuracy. And what I say will always be wrong.

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Re: [ILoveIshtar] Re:Recommendation: WALK HARD: The Dewey Cox Story

This is fun!

My wife and I really enjoyed Sky High, which I don't think did very
well in the box office. Good casting of cult movie fave Bruce
Campbell, Linda Carter is good in it - it's a teen superhero movie
that adults can like (at least adults like my wife and me) It has a
good moral for the kids about being true to yourself and your
principles.

Mystery Men, another superhero movie, was a zeroes to heroes movie
like Ishtar with a remarkable cast, and it also bombed, possibly also
sunk (at least in part) by a hostile relationship between the director
and the studio. I'd love to see a Mystery Men sequel, but that ain't
never gonna happen.

I have wanted to check out the Dewey Cox story for a while, it sound
intriguing, I'll be sure to do that.

I've never heard of Pootie Tang - I'll check that out too.

On Sat, May 24, 2008 at 5:10 PM, Anne Dodge <annedodge@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hey Dave and everyone,
>
> Since you asked, I have very strong feelings (that resemble my feelings
> about Ishtar) about the movie Pootie Tang. It's a much sillier movie and a
> lot of the humor is grounded in the ridiculousness of the characters, but it
> gives me that same kind of happy feeling and the same sense of regret that
> the movie was basically forgotten. Plus, I think Chris Rock and Wanda Sykes
> are some of the funniest people out there in movies right now. So I don't
> know - maybe this is way out of left field - but it's worth a try if you
> feel like something completely different.
>
> Happy Memorial Day everyone!
>
> - Anne.
>
>
>

__._,_.___
Y! Entertainment

World of Star Wars

Rediscover the force.

Explore now.

Moderator Central

Get answers to

your questions about

running Y! Groups.

All-Bran

10 Day Challenge

Join the club and

feel the benefits.

.

__,_._,___

No comments: