I've finally achieved consistency in my life. Any person of average or above intelligence can predict what I will say next with unerring accuracy. And what I say will always be wrong.

Sunday, March 15, 2009

[ItsAllAboutMeMan] Re: The New Book Banning by Walter Olson, City Journal 12 February 2009

I heard somebody just paid 300,000+ for action comics number 1. I once heard there was only a dozen known copies. the article said there's something like a hundred. it's not surprising when auction prices (note I didn't say "value") keep going up, people will poke around and see if there's one in their attic. And apparently they've been finding them. Though they are 1/8th as rare as once thought, they still fetch a fair amount.  The guy that sold this one paid 35 cents for it in the 50s.  not a bad return on his investment.

But heck, sounds like it was illegal to sell it.  They should have pitched it instead.

I'm surprised that laws designed to stick it to China are even being partially applied domestically.  That's usually not how it works.

Take NAFTA. It's ever so important to have "free trade" - yet Canada won decisions before the NAFTA court - what was it - 5 times? againt the US over the soft wood lumber dispute.  The US just waited until the Canadians elected Monica Lewinsky - I mean, Stephen Harper - Prime Minister.

So if anybody asks me "Hey Mister, should I throw out these old comics"

I'll just say, "Well, there young fella, why don't you just give them to me for safe keeping.  I'll just hold onto them for you until they're legal again."

Yep, that's right. I took the Madoff course, "Flip This Economy" - I can be trusted to do these things.

On Sun, Mar 15, 2009 at 6:06 PM, Goodman Holiday <supergoodman@gmail.com> wrote:
> Your Government at Work Part 99,000.  Rrrrrrr.
>
> http://www.city-journal.org/2009/eon0212wo.html 
>
> It might affect sales of old comics too. Found a web site for a county
> Health Dept in Illinois recommending throwing out old comics due to lead
> ink. This just sucks.
>
>
>
>
>                                       -Goodman
>
> (from somewhere in Austin...)
>
>



--
Love me, love my vids
http://www.youtube.com/user/mattlove1

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
Give Back

Yahoo! for Good

Get inspired

by a good cause.

Y! Toolbar

Get it Free!

easy 1-click access

to your groups.

Yahoo! Groups

Start a group

in 3 easy steps.

Connect with others.

.

__,_._,___

No comments: