I've finally achieved consistency in my life. Any person of average or above intelligence can predict what I will say next with unerring accuracy. And what I say will always be wrong.

Monday, March 21, 2005

Fwd: What Wrong With Northern State?

Very intelligent friend Joe writes:

PONDEROUS! I'm sure these oppressees know what it feels like to be a
fictitious womyn from three (?) centuries ago.

I saw in the Sitting Duck some female drummer on the Oly scene quoted
as saying that "lots" of people tell her "You're a pretty good
drummer, for a girl." I think it's de rigueur for female "musicians"
to throw that comment out. I don't believe it- Who besides another
hipster would be in contact with this drummer (She goes by the clever
nickname "Drummer," proving again that grrrls are whip-smart)? And
would a hipster, or even an intelligent person, ever say something
like that? It reminds me of Sleater-Kinney's apparent belief that
they're the world's first female "rock" "band."

No comments: