I've finally achieved consistency in my life. Any person of average or above intelligence can predict what I will say next with unerring accuracy. And what I say will always be wrong.

Thursday, July 03, 2008

[ItsAllAboutMeMan] Re: [OregonDems_etc] A blog entry following a Washington Post article on Obama:

"So for the first time since your campaign began, Mr. Obama, I am seeing you as merely another politician, making idle promises to the people of this nation with a silver tongue."

If this is the first time this kid has seen Obama that way, s/he hasn't been paying attention. Obama was slippery from the beginning (I could dig up some of my old posts about him when he was just a face in the crowd) - but it's really accelerated lately, it seems like on a daily basis he's done something that nauseates.

This youth obsessed culture is sick.  The idea that our youth, following their Pied Piper are going to lead us out of the wilderness is ridiculous.  Let's face it, youth are stupid.  I was stupid when I was young, weren't you?

The last time I was disappointed by a politician was Jimmy Carter, because I was carried away by Hunter S. Thompson's enthusiasm for him.  Stupid, huh?

Since then I've learned a few things:
1. Don't look to drug addicts for good judgement
2. Don't expect wisdom out of film or rock stars
3. Don't believe what politicians say about themselves

Since then, I've been disgusted, enraged, depressed, and nauseated by lots of things politicians have done, but never disappointed - because I don't expect them to be something they aren't.

On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 12:17 PM, Kathy Leonard-Bushman <sassykathy464@gmail.com> wrote:

A blog entry following a Washington Post article on Obama:

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/the-trail/2008/06/20/obama_supports_fisa_legislatio.html

Senator Obama,

I would like to start off by saying that I am a 22 year old college student at the Pennsylvania State University. I waited 5 hours in line to be one of the 22,000 people that came to hear you speak when you visited my school during the primary season. I am one of the many students that voted for you here, ultimately delivering you Centre County, PA during your race with Hillary Clinton. I have donated money to your campaign, it was not much but I gave what I could, despite the astronomical debt I have incurred to receive an education. I consider my donation to be an investment in my future, analogous to spending money to go to college. I have every intention of voting for you in the general election, a vote you will need to beat the conservative supporters of John McCain in Pennsylvania. This will be the second election I have voted in but it is the first I have truly been active in and excited about. You are certainly an inspiration to a younger generation of educated people that have watched in disgust for the past several years as George Bush has made every attempt to destroy this country and what it stands for. You are perhaps the first politician in a long time that even seems to be listening to the younger generation, acknowledging that this is our country too and that our opinions matter. All of that being said, Mr. Obama, I write to you with disappointment in my heart. Your campaign has stood on a message of change, you run as the man who will change the way things are done in Washington. You have spoken about many issues that are important to me that other candidates have ignored entirely such as net neutrality and refusing money from lobbyists. These are things that give me hope for the future of my country. The most important issue to me though, is the reinstatement of our precious Constitution of the United States. George Bush has used the Bill of Rights as a checklist of things to take from the people in the name of the war on terror for far too long. Some of your most meaningful words "I was a constitutional law professor, which means unlike the current president I actually respect the Constitution", delivered in March of 2007, would have been reason enough for me to vote for you.
A little over a week ago, you announced your support of the new FISA bill. This bill endangers Americans' guaranteed right to privacy, encompassed by the fourth amendment, which we have not enjoyed since George Bush passed the Patriot Act and began amassing unprecedented executive powers without judicial oversight. So for the first time since your campaign began, Mr. Obama, I am seeing you as merely another politician, making idle promises to the people of this nation with a silver tongue. With one action, decisively chosen no doubt to make you look "tough on terror"; you have turned your back on those of us that believed you to be different. Even only as an attempt to deflect republican accusations of your inability to defend this country, even just as a means to get into the White House so you can really do all the good you have been promising to this country; the support of this violation to the bill of rights is in no way justifiable as a means to an end. That is the logic of President Bush and it is not by any stretch of the imagination a change to the current politics of Washington. It is because of your FISA decision that I will not be making any further donations to your campaign nor will I be volunteering any more of my time. I write to you so that perhaps the next time you are faced with a slippery slope, you decide to make the right choice; the one that protects the rights of the citizens of this country and not the one that earns you a few political points. I will still be voting for you in November and although you have lost my enthusiasm, Mr. Obama, my hope remains.
http://blog.washingtonpost.com/the-trail/2008/06/20/obama_supports_fisa_legislatio.html

--
--
Vote for a real progressive with a great voting record on the important issues: Cynthia McKinney




--
Love me, love my vids
http://uk.youtube.com/user/mattlove1

__._,_.___
MARKETPLACE

Special offer for Yahoo! Groups from Blockbuster! Get a free 1-month trial with no late fees or due dates.
Health Groups

for people over 40

Join people who are

staying in shape.

Yahoo! Groups

Balance your life

by learning how to

make smart choices.

Yahoo! Groups

w/ John McEnroe

Join the All-Bran

Day 10 Club.

.

__,_._,___

No comments: