I've finally achieved consistency in my life. Any person of average or above intelligence can predict what I will say next with unerring accuracy. And what I say will always be wrong.

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

[CanYoAssDigIt] Re: KROQ Street Team Pre Sale-Incubus

Hey KROQ Street Team

As a member in good standing of the street team,  I wanted to kind of come up with a programming idea that will give you a bunch of fame. I'm not a real media person, I mean, I am on the KROQ street team, and the Jandek street team and all that, but still, I'm no Darren Stevens - but I do know what people like, and they like controversy!

I've been trying to get Spike Channel to stop running bone splinter and army ads during star trek, and giving us trekkers (not trekkies, THANK YOU!) respeck.  They should advertise nerd things like original enterprise Aurora Model Kits or 3-D chess boards, or the Encyclopedia Britannica. 

We do not want to be buried with army ads, no way!  IN the future, man has overcome his violent impulses, and he doesn't need to pile up wealth, what do you think Dilithium Crystals and replicators are for, huh?  Well, whatdya think about that?

So I think you should slap down Spike, challenge them to some kind of ritual combat. Not real combat, something on the holodeck or a card game like in "A Piece of the Action," one of the all time GREAT episodes, thank you!

I know you are on my side, and on the side of all us guys that live in our parents basements, and do online dating, and have Nancy Pearl librarian action figures with authentic shushing action... after all, you promote bands like Incubus!

You can use some of the stuff in the e-mail below... they never answered me, they probably never read it - but they'll read it if it comes from you!  I'll bet they'll pee in their adult diapers when you issue the challenge to them and call them some of the Good Names (tm) I've invented for them, you can use them if you want to, just contact me...

Dear Spike Channel:

I've been watching a lot of Spike lately, for the Star Trek reruns. I
do appreciate you confirming my long held opinion that Star Trek is
sort of the ultimate reflection of American culture, and it does feel
very natural surrounded by ads for the military, for vignettes of men
splintering other men's bones in childish combat, in stupid fantasy
fulfillment ads for pathetic little shits that actually believe that
some cologne is going to make them more appealing to the opposite sex.

The army ads actually have some truth in advertising - showing some
Napoleon Dynamite-like game playing losers being recruited to be
cannon fodder in Iraq. I wonder how many of the poor saps that watch
Spike actually fall for that. Don't you feel a little guilty for
turning over your viewers to Uncle Sugar?

Anyway, I was going to try to add a little class to your contest by
voting for some people that are actually admirable, and bands that
people might actually want to listen to, but I find that in each
category, there are only two "choices" - for example, in "music," I
can chose between Disturbed and Lamb Of God - no music to be found
there at all!

That's a bit like thinking you have a meaningful choice when you can
vote for Bush or Kerry! But of course your typical American,
particularly Star Trek fans (among the most indoctrinated Americans of
all) actually believe that, I'm sure you don't want to make them think
too hard.

You pose the question "who deserves the first "Guy's Guy" Award?
Who's the guy I want to be when I wake up tomorrow?

Me!

How sad for your viewers if they'd rather be anybody other than who
they are when they wake up tomorrow morning. ESPECIALLY anybody to be
found in the Spike universe.

Who opens the biggest can of whoop ass?

I do.

Which band rocks my face off?

I can't chose, I'm in several, but they are ALL much much better than
Disturbed or Lamb of God.

and so on.

So are you going to open up the voting and let people vote for anybody
they want to vote for - me, or themselves, or Peter Paul and Mary if
that's what rips their face off?

Or are you going to be known as the "tiny little penis network" forever?

PS: I'm pleased to know that in Star Trek Voyager, Lieutenant
Expendable is still alive and well. Sorry, I mean disposable and
dead. I just saw him bite it again.

On 6/5/07, KROQ Street Team < kroq@listenerclub.com> wrote:

KROQ Street Team members get your shot to score tickets before anyone else in our pre-sale!

Here are the details:
. Friday (6/8) at 10am log on to: Incubus Pre Sale


. If the above link does not open a Ticketmaster screen on your computer, log on to www.Ticketmaster.com

. Search Incubus

. Select the date September 7th-Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre

. In the KROQ Pre-sale Password box enter: CALABASAS
. Tickets are $40.00 & $35.00 Reserved, $25.00 Lawn
. There is a 6-ticket limit for the pre-sale.
. You will need a major credit card.
. Pre-sale ends Friday (6/8) at 10pm, or when the pre-sale ticket allocation is gone
.
. As with all internet ticket sales, there may be an initial surge of people on the system. Please keep trying, it may take several attempts.
. If you are unable to buy tickets during the pre-sale, you can still try and buy them during the public on-sale Saturday, June 9th at 10am, at all Ticketmaster locations, Charge By Phone (213-480-3232 or 714-740-2000), or Ticketmaster.com.

KROQ Street Team
KROQ-FM
5901 Venice
Los Angeles, CA. 90034
This email may be considered an advertising or promotional message.
If you don't want to receive email from us anymore we won't be hurt, just Click here to change. You must use this method to notify KROQ of your opt-out request, as we cannot guarantee that other methods of notification will be effective. Please be aware that we may continue to contact you via email for administrative or informational purposes, including follow-up messages regarding contests you have entered or other transactions you have undertaken. By law, such messages are not considered to be commercial email.


__._,_.___
SPONSORED LINKS
Y! GeoCities

Share Photos

Put your favorite

photos online.

Y! Toolbar

Get it Free!

easy 1-click access

to your groups.

Yahoo! Groups

Start a group

in 3 easy steps.

Connect with others.

.

__,_._,___

No comments: